Dec 27, 2019
Who is Roctool
Founded in 2000, Roctool is a technology and manufacturing solutions provider offering engineering services and systems. The Roctool induction process, perfectly adapted to plastic injection and compression molding, is available in many configurations to meet industrial requirements. Roctool's research and development team is constantly adapting its technologies to new materials, particularly metals. Roctool is the leader in heat and cool technologies, and today offers HDPlastics™ to plastic molders, Light Induction Tooling technology - LIT™ to suppliers of composite parts and Induction Dual Heating technology - IDH™ for complete molding solutions. The processes developed by Roctool are used in production by leading brands in innovative sectors such as automotive, aerospace, consumer products and electronics. They offer many advantages, including reduced cycle times, excellent surface quality, weight and performance savings, which allows manufacturers to reduce the overall cost of the parts produced. Roctool is listed on the Euronext Growth market in Paris. Its headquarters and R&D center are located at Le Bourget du Lac (France). Roctool also has offices and platforms in North America, China, Japan, Taiwan and Germany.
The FEA Engineer is in charge of the design of the Heat & Cool systems to be integrated into molds providing an optimal thermal performance- for injection, composite or other (e.g. blow molding, hybrid) processes - and process simulation to fulfill customer expectations. The FEA Engineer is also realizing the process start-up at the customer site as well the customer training on using Roctool technology.
- Define in collaboration with CAD engineer Heat & Cool layout for a given part/mold;
- Model Heat & Cool process through thermal, electromagnetic and mechanical finite element simulations;
- Simulate molding process in Heat & Cool (and standard) conditions to evaluate and optimize process settings accordingly (if needed during the project);
- Be the main customer's point of contact for engineering-related questions;
- Training of Roctool colleagues, partners and customers on engineering- related topics;
- Support customer in understanding the Heat & Cool approach in pre-sale and during the engineering execution;
- Prepare - with the program manager - the start-up of Roctool technology at the customer site;
- Train the customer in mounting the inductors in the tool;
- Train and support the customer in starting-up the Roctool technology and optimizing molding processes.
Qualifications and skills
- Advanced technical background (engineer or PhD);
- At least 2 years of experience in thermoplastic injection;
- Global know-how in material processing (plastics, composites, …);
- Good knowledge of thermal transfers;
- General knowledge in mechanic and electricity;
- Finite element analysis as well as molding simulation (Moldflow or Cadmould software);
- Ability to multi-task in an international environment , with a significant volume of activity;
- Ability to work both at the office or on the road;
- English fluency is essential, German is a plus;
- Team worker but autonomous;
- Ability to meet deadlines and achieve results.
Place: Le Bourget du Lac, Savoy, France
Travels: between 10% and 20%
Salary: according to profile
Please send CV and cover letter to email@example.com